Quontic is the adaptive digital bank that empowers its customers financially while embracing their diverse circumstances. Quontic’s mission to break the system for financial empowerment stands in the face of big banks and proves there is a better and more equitable way to put the customer first. We focus on truly understanding and serving the underdogs, entrepreneurs, gig-economy workers, immigrants, and more with a curated banking experience as opposed to a one-size-fits-all banking approach.
We are currently seeking motivated and dependable Full-time Mortgage Underwriter.
Your Primary Responsibilities Include:
Responsible for examining loan documentation and evaluating credit decisions for accuracy and compliance with portfolio and all investor guidelines.
- Evaluation of credit and property documents in loan files, identify potential risks and advise as to the appropriate decision of the file as it relates to approving, declining or suspending the loan based upon FNMA/FHLMC and investor underwriting guidelines
- Receive mortgage applications and underwrite applications as per designated limits
- Meet monthly minimum turn times and KPI/ productivity requirements
- Must analyze income and employment detail of the borrower to determine the ability of the borrower to repay the mortgage loan
- Evaluate asset documentation from which the applicant’s funds seem to be originating
- Review the borrower’s credit report and credit rating to determine the ability of the borrower to repay the loan after analyzing the borrower’s prior payment history
- Review the appraisal and check if it has been valued properly to warrant the loan requested from the bank
- Confer with Loan Officers to aid in resolving Mortgage Lending Applications and final documentation
- Minimum 5 years of current mortgage lending underwriting experience
- Experience working on the retail or wholesale side of the business
- Experience working on Conventional, Non-QM, or FHA loans
- Familiar with different appraisal types and basic mortgage loan documents
- Must have experience in automated underwriting systems; working knowledge of Encompass
- In-depth understanding of mortgage insurance business, mortgage insurance programs, policies and services
- Must have knowledge pertaining to the regulations governing mortgage lending
- An understanding of compliance-related issues in regards to initial disclosures and re-disclosures including correct fees, dates, and compliance to regulations
- Must have analytical and auditing skills as well as high mathematical aptitude
- Strong communication (both verbal and written) and logic skills a must.
- Ability to plan and coordinate workflow with minimum supervision.
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced environment
Please send your qualified resumes to [email protected] we will then reach to discuss your career objectives.
Quontic Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.